Mindset is more important than experience to our small but mighty team. If you have the right attitude and the desire to work with high performance (and we think, fun) people, and build cool stuff then this may be the role for you.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of programming experience
- Ruby / Rails enthusiast
- Desire to continuously learn and hone your skills
- A passion for building and creating user-friendly, intuitive software
- The ability to operate independently and manage your own time - it’s not in our blood to micromanage, but we all strive for the highest quality results. The right candidate will embrace product ownership and take pride in the product they design and create.
- An eye for design and attention to detail
- A proven track record of building software applications in an environment where every day counts - expected results and quality standards are high
- Ability to collaborate and effectively work / communicate with client facing teams and other product stakeholders
- Proactive approach to solving technical problems that anticipates potential pitfalls and design solutions to overcome those challenges
What You’ll Do
On any given typical day you’ll be collaborating with our client team and other members of the technology team to execute a variety of tasks and functions, including, but not limited to:
- Build and test new front-end features and functionality based on user feedback and stories
- Implement backend functionality that scales our client facing support teams
- Monitor, manage, and work to improve system performance
- Design and implement backend infrastructure to aid in scalability efforts as the company rapidly grows
- Participate in architecture and application design discussions with other development team members
- Contribute to documentation, codebase maintenance, and bug fixes
Some of the technologies we’d like to see experience with include:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Frontend: Webpack, Stimulus.js, Haml, SCSS, Fomantic UI
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, CircleCI
Revela’s mission is to empower real estate entrepreneurs, property management companies and investors to grow their portfolios. Through cutting edge technology and value added services, our family of companies strives to add value throughout the entire investment and management lifecycles.
Bonus Tech Experience
- Turbo / Hotwire
- Database Partitioning, Multi-Tenancy
Revela is an equal-opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits for well-qualified hires.